Saturday, July 26, 2008

FGWC

Thursday (yes, Thursday), July 31st, 1:00, The Chicory Cafe.

This will be Mike's last workshop before heading off to Iowa, so try and stop by if you can.

In other news, I enjoyed Trout Fishing in America so much I went back to Artis and bought all the Richard Brautigan books she had. Here's a couple short poems:

Karma Repair Kit: Items 1-4

1. Get enough food to eat
000and eat it.

2. Find a place to sleep where it is quiet
0000and sleep there.

3. Reduce intellectual and emotional noise
0000until you arrive at the silence of yourself,
000000and listen to it.

4.



Yes, the Fish Music

A trout-colored wind blows
through my eyes, through my fingers,
and I remember how the trout
used to hide from the dinosaurs
when they came to drink at the river.
The trout hid in subways, castles,
and automobiles. They waited patiently
for the dinosaurs to go away.

Richard Brautigan, The Pill versus the Springhill Mine Disaster, Houghton, Mifflin, 1968.

3 comments:

Mark said...

I love the Karma Repair Kit poem. :)

Rachel said...

Do we not have evening meetings anymore? Sigh...it's scheduled for like the ONE TIME I won't be able to make any of it. I miss you guys!

Charmi said...

I think next Wednesday night at The Bucket.