Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Keweenaw National Historical Park

Where I really think the Wednesday night FGWC should meet.

Mr. Hank Pellikka, 86, who as it turns out has taken a sauna
in my backyard. Small world. The sauna is long gone,
but the foundation remains.


The mural at Shute's.

And the famous Tiffany canopy,
rumored to be worth more than the entire building.

I think this is a moose bathroom.

Where the Wednesday daytime FGWC should meet.


Boone Fiala, who co-owns 5th & Elm along with his dad Frank.
Frank & family came in 1997 from Alaska
to be the superintendent of the new National Historic Park.
Retirement finds Frank not-so retired.

4 comments:

maeve63 said...

Nice pictures Charmi. I'm sorry I missed a few postings, but I think I'm caught up now. Nice cat...and nice poem. ;-)

I'm glad you're having a wonderful time.

Charmi said...

It's good to have a week off.

Neil Kelly said...

I could hang out in that bar.

On a side note, from all my years watching Antique Roadshow I believe that about the Tiffany canopy.

Charmi said...

I was thinking of you when I took those pics. You would be right at home at Shute's.