Thursday, April 03, 2008

Writers' News

Writers' workshop was great last night, as Ryan has mentioned on his blog. It was wonderful to have Scot & Dane & Kasey turn out. They added exponentially to the mix. Mark escaped from work and was able to join us for the first time in a long while! We squeezed ten around Chris's table and it was all good, except for the exploding beer, but we cleaned that up.

So here's the aftermath:

We're adding one more Wednesday night workshop for April, on the 30th, 7:15. Scot has agreed to host it and her house is close to IUSB! I'll send the address around when the time comes near.

Dane also volunteered to host a workshop in the future. We'll work out the details next time.

We'll look more at the May schedule in a couple of weeks. School will be out!

And I didn't remember to bring up our name issue....

13 comments:

Rachel said...

We should absolutely be the Fainting Goats.

It was a great time, and the food you guys fixed was absolutely amazing! It was nice to see everybody together, too. (But I think it's 'Kasey')

Unknown said...

It was great making it out last night-- I'm glad ryan told me about it! I'm looking forward to the next one-- If I have time, I'll even bring cookies (and not to brag, but I am famous for my cookies)

Charmi said...

Goat Cheese seems more characteristic of us...

But I'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves. I've corrected my misspelling - sorry - and I'm sure cookies will be very welcome!

Talia Reed said...

It is almost May...perhaps we could revive the picnic approach once or twice this summer.

Charmi said...

That's a definite!

R. Sanford said...

Maybe mix up our little memes: 'Fainting Raccoons' ;)

Mark said...

I would totally support calling it The Fainting Goats Club, or FGC for short (which has a nice ring to it).

Charmi said...

FGWC, perhaps, with no explanation given?

Rachel said...

FGC...nice. And absolutely, no explanation.

Charmi said...

I've gotta have the "W"!

Rachel said...

Ok, spaz! Geez, we'll have the W. ;)

Mark said...

The "WC" is for Writers' Circle, obviously. ;)

Charmi said...

Water closet ;-)