Thursday, April 24, 2008

Next Frame


I sat through my last "real" class of my undergraduate career Tuesday, so I have a bit of relief for a week before two last finals next Thursday. I'm already starting to feel a bit odd, but not odd enough to stay out of the woods.
I've been tramping around and crawling on my hands and knees taking pictures. Everything is blooming! Yesterday, I found a lone swan preening. I watched him for a long time, but finally had to leave. Swan's can preen for an extremely long time.
Baugo Creek was full of fingerling-somethings and also a small school of blue gill. Last week, Chris and I saw a large school of suckers.
And the butterflies! I went to Borders last night and bought a field guide, but still couldn't identify this tiny little black fellow I saw with orange window panes on its wings. Maybe it's a moth. Do moths and butterflies have different field guides? Why have I never learned these things?
Good luck, everyone, on final papers and finals! Just one week to go.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

1. I'm extremely jealous of the many friends who are graduating.

2.I see schools of suckers everyday. What does that have to do with nature? ;)

Talia Reed said...

My hostas shot up over night, it seems. Everything is startin all over--including me!