Friday, January 25, 2008

Enough of That

In a few more hours, we'll be heading home. We're both ready. Yesterday, though, I found this really cool independent bookstore, Tattered Cover. They had almost everything you might want to read and an amazing calendar of events. So, there are some benefits of living in the city. I found a Denver Quarterly (go figure) in the lit mag section and lo and behold inside the cover were poems by John Gallaher and DDL. So now I have something to read on the plane. I liked the place so much I might sneak back there this morning before we go.

In a little bit of serendipity, the new issue of Slow Trains came out today, with my essay! I believe the editor is based out of Denver. Funny.

Now, I'm bracing myself for the plane ride home. I would love flying, if I could only do it without Homeland Security and all those people in the plane. I swear this is the last time I'm flying. Next time, I'm going on the train.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Congrats on your pub! Those independent bookstores are so cool, aren't they? Have a safe trip home. Oh, and don't forget not to make any comments about blowing things up while you're on the plane.

Charmi said...

Thanks, Rachel.

I went back to the bookstore this morning, very fun.

Now, for the plane. I will try and behave. Gene & I don't have seats together and I'm not looking forward to the very intimate physical experience of being crammed into someone I don't know. I'm a touchy person, but the plane ride is just a little over the top.

naoko fujimoto said...

Congratulation, Charmi!

Talia Reed said...

The first time I flew Joe and I were separated and I was terrified.

Rachel said...

Mile-high club?

Charmi said...

Talia - I used to love flying, but I feel claustrophic now.

Thanks, Naoko!

Rachel - Click your heels together three times. There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home.

Charmi said...

Talia - I got a seat next to a nice skinny lady who kept offering to switch seats with my husband for me, but I said no, and she didn't invade my space one time!