Friday, December 07, 2007

Assignments

So many things. Finals, decorate for Christmas, bake, and clean. Walk my legs across the street and take home my father's things. I'm dreaming of the January seed catalogs . Give me the colors of a brand new year.

Rachel has been asking for a poetry assignment, which of course is something way beyond me, so I'll have to copy (poorly) from DDL. I keep a notepad to write words that I like down while I'm proofing, in hopes of someday doing something with them. My desk is currently cluttered with yellow scraps of paper documenting what I've seen. So, Rachel, or whoever else wants to play, here's one day's gleaning for you. The assignment is: Use five to seven of the following words or phrases in a poem. Set the timer before you begin. You have 12 minutes. Ready, Set, Go.

Docket sounding
breach
standard of care
touchstone
equity
prism
hamstring
prong
due diligence
enforce
revolve
mechanics
challenge for cause
pry
coddle
reasonable doubt
embedded
spectra
strike him for cause
lithium toxicity
preceptor
pseudarthrosis

No comments: