Monday, August 27, 2007

Repapering

Veni, vidi - I dropped all my classes. Monday morning light is illuminating. I just have a few general ed loose ends to tie up to complete my English degree and I thought I would take the 100-level course route. After two classes I thought I would slit my wrists. Think of it. The glorious liveliness of flowing blood, maybe the sound of a siren. Instead, I threw away my old schedule, signed up for Scanlan's E304, where at least I believe the people have blood, and some 200-level Russian history class, the only thing left, it seems. I'm now Tuesday-Thursday girl instead of Monday-Wednesday girl. I won't have long weekends and short school days. I have no idea how I'm going to get to IUSB, since this schedule conflicts with Jojo's high school schedule. It doesn't matter. I will sleep in the English lounge and talk with living people! That was a close one. Every once in a while good sense kicks in and I do the right thing.

4 comments:

Jesus Moya said...

Hang in there!!

Charmi said...

No worries, I'm hanging, in the most positive way. Occassionally who I am slaps me in the face and says - What were you thinking!!!! I'm feeling pretty good today.

Rachel said...

Good choices, Charmi. I need you in my Tuesday/Thursday classes to keep me on track and make brilliant points. Oh, and if I have to talk to somebody in French I won't have to look all over the class only to find myself the last person in an odd-numbered classroom without a partner (a fate that often seems to be mine). It's not surprising to me that you couldn't take the 100 level courses...you're too advanced for that.

Charmi said...

I was happy to find you in my classes, too, Rachel. I don't think I would mind the 100-level classes if they were well taught. That just doesn't seem to happen at IUSB. And I'm going to be very grateful for that 100-level physics class I have to take. Probably wishing for a 000-level!