Friday, September 24, 2010

Oh Very Young

The Finlander and I are heading out in the morning for a week long celebration of Anniversary 25, so I thought before we left I would run up to the Walmart, scan a few wedding pics, and post them on the blog. But the great American outpost has failed me. The clerk was happy to scan away those pics of Gene and I looking oh very young and somewhat dazed, but she couldn't quite grasp the technology of simply saving them to my thumb drive without making prints. You'll have to use your imagination. We were stunning, perky, etc. Ah, well.

I'm going to have to use my imagination, too, it seems, to envision it. I feel like a woman out of context, looking at those pictures. It was September 28th, 1985, late in the afternoon, 4-something, I think. The temperature was mild. The skies were blue. I remember the wedding invitations read, "Hear ye, hear ye, it has been proclaimed," etc. Later, there was dancing & drinking & smoking, etc. The next day I remember thinking, well, this will be an adventure. Yes, indeed. And now here we are in an entirely different context, wondering what the next 25 years will bring.

No comments: