Sunday, June 08, 2008

Sunday Walk

After a week of busy I finally made it down to Baugo Creek this morning. I had fantasized that after school was over life would shake itself out and I would walk there every day. Hah!

It was a beautiful walk and the park was empty. Sunday morning and the heat, I guess, discouraged other walkers. There was a stranded carp in the shallows, though, under the foot bridge where I used to hunt crawdads. It was on its side, gills gasping for air. I waded in, picked it up and set it loose in deeper water. It must not have been stranded for too long, because it was able to swim away. The colors were just beautiful, gray and gold, and it was a very nice size, fingertip to elbow length I'd say.

2 comments:

Talia Reed said...

What did you do with the crawdads.

Charmi said...

You know, looked at them, carried them home to my grandparents' pond.