Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Jojo Channel


Friday night, the Concord Jazz Cafe, playing piano with guest artist trumpeter Danny Barber.

Before the prom, pics at the Japanese gardens.



Practicing those martial arts moves with Kaylee.



Tree huggers.
---
Gene and I cooked for the ladies.
---
The Menu
---
Cranberry Frappe
Mesclum Strawberry Salad
Potato Leek Soup
French Bread
Barbequed Shrimp
Buffalo Wings
Angel Food Cake
with Strawberries & Cream
---
---
After all that, the men left early this morning for The Keweenaw for the boys-only May trip. The girls are sleeping off the prom. I'm fingering a pile of poetry books, thinking about all the dishes I still have to do.

7 comments:

Busstogate said...

She sure looks like mama in the pic where she is touhcing the tree limb.

Charmi said...

I'm never sure who she looks like more. She's definitely herself in so many ways!

Talia Reed said...

I have to agree with Tom. While I think she looks more like her dad, and Tom looks more like Charmi, in that picture I see Charmi.

She looks stunning! I love the dress. Beautiful color.

That is quite a menu. Forget about The Emporium, I'm going to the Keranan house.

Charmi said...

Unfortunately, our dishwasher died a couple of weeks ago and we had ten for dinner that night! I think I was doing dishes until noon yesterday! The new dishwasher is on order, thank goodness. In the meantime, my fingernails will be very clean.

Talia Reed said...

I'm having the same problem. I'm afraid my hard water has ruined ours. It is probably fixable, but we've been doing the old-fashioned washing thing, too.

Charmi said...

Dishwashers used to be a luxury, but they actually save water compared to doing dishes by hand. Ours was old and Gene had fixed it many times, so we decided to spend part of our stimulus check on a nice stainless steel one that won't get all those stains. We had to order it, though.

Doing dishes by hand can be positive, though. My mother-in-law and father-in-law did the dishes every night together. She always washed and he always dried. She was very strict in her kitchen.

Talia Reed said...

Yes, Joe and I have shared this chore a little...when he's standing in the kitchen talking to me I hand him the towel.

I always used the "time-saver" function of our dishwasher, otherwise it runs for 90 minutes, which can't be more energy efficient than doing them by hand.