Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Good Woman is Hard to Find

But I know several and I'm inviting them here and now!

On Saturday, July 12th at 3:00 there will be a Creative Writing Reading by women at The Chicory. Yes, men can come, of course, but it will just be women reading. No, it won't be all girly. I'll be reading, for goodness sake! This event is the brainchild of my friend Rebecca Waring-Crane, who is, one, a talented actress, two, finishing up a master's degree in communications at Valpo, and three, preparing to move to California. (Damn her wings.) She'll be reading two monologues, but she'd love to have the talented women writers from FGWC and beyond come and join her. So, polish up your writing, friends, and say you'll come and read. Each reader will have up to seven minutes.

2 comments:

Ann said...

It's a small world. I worked with Rebecca and her family on several productions at the South Bend Civic Theater a few years back. My dog, Oberon, made his one and only stage appearance as her pet in The Importance of Being Earnest. I'm going to try to make this event. (not planning on reading anything though)

Charmi said...

That's wild. You should consider reading, too!