Monday, January 29, 2007

Meyer and Thile Play Slow Fast 5/4

(Here's my mild bit of erotica for you. Sorry about the incessant rhyming. And I know, it really isn't in 5/4.)

Leaning forward in the amber
Listening, the notes are quiet, very low
I’m not sure I like what they’re playing
Maddening how slowly Meyer drags the bow
Thile’s fingers hover fretful and tentative
My God, just begin the frickin’ show.

All right, they have my attention
They’re starting something new.
Thile nods to pick up the tempo
Meyer smiles, shakes his head no.

Chasing time around in their pockets
I’m starting to feel the flow.
I’ve drifted to the clouds on the ceiling
Water drops glisten on the surface below
And the man in the balcony is winking

Lying back in the amber
Listening, your notes are quiet, very low
I’m not sure I like what you’re playing
Maddening how slowly you drag the bow.

No comments: