Friday, December 28, 2012

LoPoYo (The Eight)

Usually around this time of the year I post the top 20 or so poetry books that I've read during the year.   This year, I'm afraid, my poetry appetite has been a little diminished.  There are more choices than ever and less and less that I desire to read.   It's been, by all accounts, a personal Low Poetry Year.  So be it.  I read a few and I'll clue you in to what I found worthwhile, in chronological order, of course.

1.  Chromatic - H.L. Hix
2.  Diving Into the Wreck: Poems, 1971-1972 - Adrienne Rich
3.  Song of Myself - Walt Whitman
4.  The End of Beauty - Jorie Graham
5.  All of the Above - Jim Daniels
6.  The Coldest Winter on Earth - David Dodd Lee
7.  Show and Tell: New and Selected Poems - Jim Daniels
8.  Horses Where the Answers Should Have Been: New and Selected Poems - Chase Twichell

No comments: