Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Rewrite

I am busy.  My friends are busy.  The whole world, it seems, is busy, which I'll take as a good sign, for the moment.  America is recreating itself, rewriting its story, transitioning into something new.  Again.  Always.  Musically speaking, transitions have a preferred rhythm.  They are fast and light.  I like that.   For the moment.  Soon I'll be happy to slow down and study the new movement, the latest words.

Artistically, I've put down my poetry pen for awhile and have turned my hand toward fiction.  My little office is covered with maps and dry-erase boards filled with characters and locations and notes about physics and the cosmos and entropy.  Someone will be killed in this fiction, because I dig that sort of thing.   I could be writing a mystery, but I don't want to say that too loudly or the anti-genre police will come and take my markers away.  Bastards.  Maybe if I call it something else...

Mystery, I mean Gothic, I mean -- hell, I don't know what I mean.

2 comments:

Neil Kelly said...

Just make sure you choose the correct gun for the job.

Charmi said...

I am awaiting your guidance, Mr. Kelly!