Sunday, May 15, 2011

Seasoned

It's Wild Kingdom season at The Keranens'. Elimae doesn't know what to do with the snake in the back yard, except bark at it. The green frogs are slightly more entertaining (and everywhere.) The robins, who have been teasing Sylvia ever since they arrived this spring, have decided to build their nest outside my bedroom window in the catalpa tree, above Sylvia's kiddie swimming pool. I have a feeling this is going to end badly. There will be an intervention needed at some point, I imagine . I need to stock up on super soaker squirt guns. Maybe I can install a little squirt gun turret in my window and surreptitiously soak the stalkers of robin fledglings. Maybe I need to put some little robin life preservers on the side of the pool. I don't know how I'm going to get any work done, but I'd like two or three more seasons of May.

No comments: